Monday, September 13, 2010

See!!! Kids can like me!

I don't think it's much of a surprise that I'm not known as a "kid person". They often smell funny, they are loud and unpredictable, and I've just never been super comfortable with them. Even as a teenager, I hated babysitting and was always glad few people ever asked for my help.


However, the last few years I've learned that nephews and nieces are different. They are absolutely adorable and so easy to play with...most of the time. They still smell funny at times, but their little smiles, hugs and "Tarla came in her tar"'s just melt my heart.


I still struggle with kids I'm not related to. But, I'm learning to love them as well....especially the kids in my little Primary class. I'm not really shocked....you learn to love those you serve. What does surprise me is that, they are starting to like me too. Here is a little note I received from little Jessie in my class:
Isn't that sweet! Of course the week after she gave me this letter I gave a horrible lesson on tithing....complete with tears and a "You explain things weird."

Oh well! Win a few, lose a few!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That's adorable! And totally hilarious that you "explain things weird." Now I really wish I'd been there...

marlamuppets said...

isn't being in primary the most rewarding thing ever?
i shudder when i compare this experience to being in a singles ward where people are judging you on your...
outfits. ;)
i love the little kiddos!

glarcy said...

ok, I'm going to need a replay of the tithing lesson. I thought your idea to told me was great! So I don't understand...

But that drawing is seriously amazing! We saw last week how kids are drawn to you! I just get in their way and sit in their chairs.