Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Recipe Review: Gingered Peach Crisp

I was in charge of dinner group this evening...it was only okay...but, I did use this really good recipe for peach crisp.  So if you have fresh peaches....I recommend...

Gingered Peach Crisp
24 gingersnaps, crushed
1/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 T butter, cut up
4 cups fresh peaches, pealed & sliced

Combine first 3 ingredients.  Cut in butter until crumbly.  Arrange peaches in a lightly greased 8 inch square baking dish; sprinkle with gingersnap mixture.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.  Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

This sounds uber fabulous. What do I need to bribe you with to get you to make that for me and Robyn?

Michaelynn said...

Hmmm...I didn't know you cooked. How could I not know that? I lived with you for so many many wonderful months ... and I have absolutely no memories of you in the kitchen. Maybe that's because we spent most of our time at restaurants.

Dave and Mel said...

You blog is becoming a must read. I love your little self.

glarcy said...

i can attest...it was amazing, Carla...I feel special to have partaken of its goodness

Cynthia said...

Sounds wonderful....so tell me....Are Ginger Snaps magically made without sugar....? Yah, I didn't think so. Oh well, like I said, It SOUNDS good.