Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 7 – Victoria, B.C.

We weren’t going to dock in Victoria until 6:30 PM, so we had the day to hang around. We exercised during our mandatory debarkation meeting (which they were telecasting all day long, so we couldn’t figure out why it was mandatory). Then we met our Salt Lake friends for one last lunch in the dining room and then played some Yatzee and Hearts. My luck finally started to turn and I won the Yatzee game!
We had decided to go to dinner in the dining room and then walk around some parks near the pier in Victoria. Just as we were sitting down to dinner….the captain got on the PA system and informed us that the winds were too high and the ship would be unable to dock in Victoria. Below is a picture of the closest I got to leaving the country …that is Victoria in the distance.


When he made the announcement we just laughed because at the end of the cruise…I still would not have used my passport or left the country!! I am honestly never meant to leave US soil!



The crazy lady at our table showed up for dessert and asked us to stay until she finished…which she did really slowly. Tom, one of our SL friends, stopped by to invite us to play games and she kept trying to get us to invite her to play also….we are really mean because we never did invite her. I think we did her a favor because I don’t really think she would have enjoyed the games of Bang! we played.

Well, that’s about it. We had to pack up everything before we went to bed.

5 comments:

David and Shayla said...

So fun. You write the best, and have the best vacations. Wish I could have been there!

Mary Ann said...

That was fun to read! I loved your narrative, and the pictures are amazing! I'm glad you had fun, but I'm even gladder you're home. :)

Cynthia said...

Great narrative - It was perfect - I felt like I know all about your trip in the unique language of Carlonian. The pictures were great and you, as always, looked perfect. The perfect b-day, I'd say. Thanks for sharing it!

Oh....I almost forgot...thanks for telling everyone about my planning nuerosis (?spelling).

Jessie said...

Sounds like you had another great vacation. What's up with not leaving the country!? Too funny! Our dessert buffet wasn't good either. My biggest disappointment too!

Stacey said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! I especially liked tracking how you tried not to wake me up every morning:) You're such a good friend!