Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vacation Day 1

The big news of the day is that the sale of my home is finally final! Hooray!!! I'm homeless!

Also, I'm in Hawaii! Stacey and I have had a lovely day traveling. In case you were not aware, it's cold in Utah. So, the minute I entered the airport, I removed my inadequate jacket and shoved it into my suitcase. We had decided to just check one bag between the two of us and as we checked in, we were surprised and delighted to find that Stacey had a free checked bag because..well we don't actually know why...but we still embraced the opportunity. That was travel miracle numbero uno.

Then we flew a long ways and I successfully avoided having to use the airplane bathroom....they freak me out. We watched 'life as we knew it' as our in flight movie. It was cute....Josh what's his name is a hottie.

Then we arrived in Hawaii. The car rental place gave us vacation miracle number two when they didn't have our compact car available and I am now driving around the island in a blue mustang convertible. Im feeling pretty sporty!

Now we are in a beautiful little condo watching a movie on a comfy non-wicker couch (our one vacation rental requirement) watching knight and day.

I wish you were here.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Congrats on finalizing the sale of your home! Sounds like a great start to your vacation! I am super jealous. Please take a few pics. I really want to see you in that Mustang. The guys are gonna go crazy for you! :)

Elmer said...

So jealous!!! Get me out of this frozen wasteland! I agree with Mary Ann...lots of pictures, please! Have fun!

Jeff said...

I love Hawaii! I hope you have tons of fun. I want to see lots of pictures as well. Which island are you on?